Make Your Own Snickerdoodle Cookies This Holiday Season!
Cold December air and short Winter days mean the Holidays are fast approaching! Christmas parties and family gatherings are always better with treats; especially a good cookie. Impress your friends this year by baking some delicious Snickerdoodle cookies… from scratch! Here’s a great recipe to get you started:
Yield: Makes About 3 1/2 Dozen Sugar Dusted Snickerdoodles
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening, softened
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°. Combine 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, baking powder, vanilla, and salt in a bowl and beat on medium speed of hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, and beat until smooth. Add flour, and beat until just combined.
- Using 2 tablespoons, portion and roll dough into 1″ balls; combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and roll balls in cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place balls 2″ apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, and using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup, press each ball to flatten into a disk; bake until lightly golden and set, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious baked goods!
This recipe is courtesy of Todd Coleman, Executive Food Editor for Saveur.com
If you’re wanting to sell your home or buy a new one this Holiday Season, give us a call at (970) 507-8655.