Campfires Now Legal
With monsoon season now upon us, the San Juan National Forest’s fire danger level has finally dipped down to moderate level. This means you can now have a campfire on your next outdoor adventure. Campfires are a great way to spend a warm summer night in Pagosa Springs, and in order to continue enjoying them, we’ve put together some general guidelines to follow:
- Clear 3 feet of ground down to dirt surrounding your campfire.
- Bring a shovel and water with you, just in case.
- Keep campfires small; they are much easier to control & put out.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Insure your campfire is completely out before leaving. If the coals are too hot for you to touch, you shouldn’t leave!
If you would like to see the current fire danger and restrictions, click here.
Following these easy guidelines helps to keep our forests open and healthy!