Fall is Upon Us!
It is common knowledge that Spring and Summer are the peak seasons in the real estate industry, but that doesn’t mean that fall can’t be productive! In this post we’ve compiled several tips for anyone wanting to list their home this Fall. Enjoy!
- Keep the Yard Clean! – Be sure to keep your front yard clear of dead leaves and other fallen debris. Trimming tree branches and bushes can let more light hit the house; which can help attract buyers! Make a yard clean-up checklist so you don’t forget to do anything before showings.
- Autumn Curb Appeal – Solid curb appeal can really help your house stand out in the fall months. Place potted yellow or orange flowers by the front door and pumpkins/squash by walkways to help potential buyers envision how they would decorate the home! Adding a tray for wet shoes is a good way to keep the interior flooring clean during showings.
- Fire Up the Woodstove – If your home has a wood-burning stove or fireplace, be sure it has been cleaned and it is functional for showings. A clean stove indicates a well maintained stove! Plus, there is nothing cozier than a fire burning in the woodstove on a fall day.
- Clean Your Windows! – Windows can gather a lot of dust and grime throughout the spring and summer months that you may not notice as an owner. Prospective buyers will notice dirty windows, so we recommend going through the house and cleaning them before listing. This is an easy way to clean up the front of your house without adding anything!
- Fall Colors Everywhere – Using Fall accent colors such as oranges, yellows, and reds can really dress up the interior of your home and tie the moods from autumn back into your property! You can even use pine cones and candles as decorative pieces throughout the home. Throw pillows are also an easy addition.
- Make it Brighter – As days get shorter, homes get darker. Turn all the lights on and open windows, blinds, and curtains everywhere you can. Natural light will really brighten the space up and open windows can make your home appear larger!
- Be Creative With Photos – With trees losing their leaves and grass beginning to die, fall real estate photos can start to look pretty drab. You need to be creative with how you photograph and display the home to sell. Twilight photos and staged decorations are two great ways to set your house apart from other listings!
- Treats! – Buyer comments are a great way to learn what is working and what isn’t during showings. Leaving treats out next to a comment book is a great way to get people to leave their comments on the showing experience. Plus everyone gets a treat on the way out! Halloween candy works great for this.
Following these tips will make your home stand out from other listings this Fall! Don’t forget to like our Facebook page for weekly Virtual Open House videos and updates. If you have any questions, or if you would like to speak with one of our licensed brokers, you can contact us here. We would love to help sell your home this Fall!